Others Come First is a charity organization whose primary mission is helping and supporting others by being the helping hand for those within its community that are disadvantaged in life or in their current situation. Others Come First works with local neighborhoods, community members as well as small businesses to promote healthier living and better lifestyles for individuals that fall into the following categories:
Extended and After Foster Children: We aim to also aid these young adults in being able to support themselves as well as look good and presentable, so we sprinkle a little love into their lives via:
– Hair Care Services, Clothing, Footwear etc.
– Secondary and Vocational School Supplies(book bags, paper and pencils)
– Beauty Industry Mentorship and Internships
– Professional Life and Entrepreneurial Coaching
Intellectually Disabled Adults: It’s been two decades and counting and our commitments to people with disabilities has never faltered. We show them that even with disabilities, one could still change the world. Our little contribution to their exceptional journey are:
– Hair Care Services, Clothing, Footwear, etc.
– Personal Hygiene Supplies
– Birthday, Holiday, Graduation gifts and/or donations
Residential Facilities: Our close working relationships with service providers for the above-mentioned groups of people enables us to understand, better, the burden that comes with providing appropriate and safe housing for these individuals. In effort to show our appreciation to these organization, we collaborate with communities to locate and donate necessary and important items such as:
– Household Supplies
– Home Furnishings
– Mechanic Services
– Any other home necessities available